Medical Colleges in Maharashtra – Overview
Maharashtra for Medical Studies:
- Maharashtra is considered as one of the most popular destination for medical Science as the state has been witness high quality medical education equipped with world class infrastructure and hospitals.
- It is home to one of the largest number of medical colleges in country.
- MBBS Admission in Maharashtra is based on score of entrance-exams like MHCET, ASSOCET/AMUPMDC & Private Entrance Exams conducted by deemed universities.
- Only Students with Maharashtra Domicile who have completed their last 7 years of education in Maharashtra can appear for MHCET.
- Non – Maharashtra domicile students need to appear for AMUPMDC or Private Entrance Exam of University.
- It should be noted that admission in Maharashtra medical colleges for MBBS is not based on AIPMT.
Medical Colleges in Maharashtra offers specialization in biomedical and medical science, nursing, allied health, pharmacy, dental, etc. Admission to most of these courses requires NEET or other medical exams for admissions. Also few colleges accept direct admission.
|Maharashtra Medical Courses Overview|
|Courses offered||UG- MBBS, BDS, BPharm, BPT, B.Sc, etc PG- MD, MS and M.Sc Doctorate- PhD Certificate and Diploma Courses|
|Duration||UG- 3-4-5years PG- 2 years|
|Entrance Exam||NEET, MCET, AIIMS, etc.|
|Eligibility Criteria||UG- 10+2 from recognized university+ test score PG- Bachelors’ degree + entrance exam score Doctorate- Post graduate degree|
|Average first Year Fee||10,00,000|
|Job Prospects||General Surgeon, Researcher, Physiotherapist, Nurse, Professor, Anesthesiologist, etc|
|Salary||UG- 2.5LPA- 5 or 6 LPA PG- 4 LPA to 7 LPA|